The Sherlocked USA Portrait Competition is aimed at encouraging the fans to create beautiful portraits of their favorite characters from the Hartswood Sherlock series.
It gives artists the chance to exhibit their works to other likeminded fans as well as cast and crew of the show. The exhibition will run at the Marriot LAX from 26th to 28th May 2017 at The Sherlocked USA Convention (tickets to the event are required).
Call for Entries closing date: 9am 8th May 2017
Top three winners will receive:
- A Sherlocked USA Portrait Competition Award
- Their Artwork on display in Speedy’s Café for 3 months
- A feature in the UK Sherlocked Programme
- A copy of their print signed by all the guests at the convention
- First Prize: A cash prize of $250
- Second Prize: A cash prize of $150
- Third Prize: A cash prize of $100
The portrait must be of a single character from the show and can be produced in any medium in A3 size (tabloid). To enter The Sherlocked USA Portrait Competition artists should upload a digital image (25mb) of their work for a first round of judging. All images will be viewed by a panel of judges at Massive Events and the entrants who are successful in this round will be shortlisted for the final round of judging and their work put on exhibition at the convention.
All shortlisted entrants will be required to upload a higher res image for print production.
Enter your portrait now
The instructions and information detailed here form part of the rules.
- The competition is open to all artists from around the world. You do not require a ticket to Sherlocked USA to enter the portrait competition, but a ticket will be required to view the art exhibition/finalists that will be on display for the duration of the event.
- The competition is limited to one entry per artist.
- A shortlist will be chosen by Massive Events for judging at the event.
- Entries must be completed by 9am on 8th May 2017.
- All entries must be original works. Any found not to be will be disqualified.
- All correspondence with artists will be via email unless specifically requested otherwise.
- The exhibition at the Convention will be open to the ticket holders from 26th May to 28th May 2017.
- The copyright for all works exhibited in the Sherlocked USA Portrait Competition will remain the property of the artist, but it is a condition of entry that the artist or their representatives agree unconditionally that Massive Events may reproduce any exhibited works, free of charge, for the purposes of marketing, promotion, merchandise, discussion and education in direct connection with the Sherlocked Convention, in all media worldwide including the Event program and subsequent publications, posters, prints, postcards, the internet and within television documentaries, and may license these specific, limited rights to others only for the same purposes.
- It is also a condition on entering the competition that the artist agrees that visitors to the convention are permitted to take photographs of their work for personal, non-commercial use during the run of the exhibition. The convention will install notices indicating that photography is permitted provided it is for personal, non-commercial use but will not be responsible if any images of the work taken are exploited commercially. Massive Events will hold all personal data securely. It will only be used in the process of administering the Sherlocked USA Portrait Competition, and will not be transferred to any third party. At the close of the competition, it will be retained permanently for historical research purposes in the Archive
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into. Artists should be aware that all works are judged on an equal and anonymous basis and that there is no segregated judging by region or country.
- Massive Events reserves the right to disqualify any piece of work if the artist has not adhered to the rules, even if the work has been selected for exhibition.
- At registration, a digital image of the completed work must be uploaded onto the website.
- It is compulsory that the artist uploads one image of the entire work
- Please note that the judging is completed digitally. It is therefore important that the photograph uploaded by the shortlisted artist is of a high quality.
- From the shortlisted artists, a number of cash prizes including the overall winner of the first prize of $250 will be awarded.
- All award winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday 27th May.
- The prize winners will be selected by a judging panel including cast and crew at the event.
For further information please contact:
Massive Events LTD, PO BOX 5773, Milton Keynes, MK10 1AS, United Kingdom